Friday, November 19, 2010

I Heart Faces- Fix it Friday #78

It's been so long since I blogged on here! So lets get it started up and going again as a place for me to really show off my talents! Not just my normal kind of business stuff, but some fun stuff too!

So there's this site called "I Heart Faces" that I've been watching for a while. So I finally decided to enter their Fix It Friday contest and this is what I've come up with :-)


Before, dark and drab-



And after a lil majic-





For those of you wondering I use Corel Paint Shop Pro x2. I did a few different things to thing one and really like the dreamy rainbow of colors. On the edit above I fixed the contrast, ran it through the cross processor, fixed contrast again, turned the saturation down 5% and added my new Raspberry Tea Filter.

I decided to play around a lil more and added my Blueberry Pie to bring out the highlights, then I added a rainbow gradient with a linen texture.

After Rainbow Gradient Texture-



On another note- I NEVER crop images! A photo should be cropped in the photographers artistic vision when it is taken, that's part of being a photographer! This image above is correct thirds proportion. I will occasionally crop an image for a specific print size but other than that it's SOC (straight off cam). If you think an image needs a different crop shoot it a few different styles and decide which one you like best. Besides, it ruins the resolution and pixel count!

Photo by I Heart Faces contributer Susan Keller.

Here's a link for "I Heart Faces" edits for other photogs!

http://www.iheartfaces.com/2010/11/photo-editing-fun-fix-it-friday-78/



4 comments:

  1. That edit is PERFECT! Beautiful.... the rainbow effect is awesome with that shirt too!! :)

    You can see my version at:
    www.rebeccajophotography.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am EXCITED BEYOND WORDS to find a fellow paint shopper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love what you've done to these ... the tones are unique to others I've seen on this image ... awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete